We all can agree when we say we want only the best wireless routers for our needs.
These days homes are becoming more than a simple home, using smart home devices will need to have a good wireless router and a fast speed coverage on your entire house with no dead spots.
We are living in a digital era where almost everything is tailored around the internet. It is only in our millennial age where you can shop for a product easily from the comfort of your couch using your smartphone or a computer.
Thanks to technology that businesses are easily managed online, contract deals closed and made over the same platform, and of course, the entertainment aspect has been made more accessible.
However, in order to enjoy fully the benefits that come with the advanced technology that we have, you need to have a modernized router. Nevertheless, there is a huge problem when it comes to finding the best router in the market, having in mind the many counterfeits being sold.
That’s why we have taken our time to carry out a thorough research on the best wireless routers in the market and the factors you need to consider before purchasing any router. By the end of this article, you will be too brilliant to fall to the manipulation of a fake wireless router seller. Let’s get started.
|Top Pick||TP-Link Archer A20||Buy Now|
|Runner-Up||Synology RT2600ac||Buy Now|
|Budget Pick||TP-Link Archer A7||Buy Now|
- Best Wireless Routers 2019:
- 1) TP-Link Archer A20 Wireless Router – Our Pick
- 2) Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router – Runner Up
- 3) TP-Link Archer A7 Wireless Router – Budget Pick
- 4) Google WiFi System – Router replacement for whole-home coverage
- 5) NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi Router – Best For Gaming
- 6) Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi System – Best For Full Home Coverage
- 7) NETGEAR Orbi Pro – Best For Office, Business Mesh WiFi System
- 8) NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 Wireless Router – Best High-speed Router for Big Homes
- 9) Asus RT-AC88U – Best Router With Tons Of Features
- 10) NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 – Best For Technology
- Factors You Should Consider When Purchasing a suitable Wireless Router
Best Wireless Routers 2019:
1) TP-Link Archer A20 Wireless Router – Our Pick
It is very frustrating having a slow internet when you need to complete your tasks without a short time. But now you can put the frustrations aside because TP-Link Archer A20 in collaboration with Alexa is there for you. You can just use your voice to activate or deactivate the internet in your home, that’s quite easy and a cool technology.
It comes along with a great powerful processor with quad-core CPU that guarantees fast surfing. It has several features like MU-MIMO, which makes your router develop the capacity to work with multiple devices. You can boost its speed by 25% using 1024-QAM and smart connect in TP-Link Archer A20.
You don’t have to be confined in one area near the router because it has the capacity of far-reaching WiFi coverage. Its band speed of AC4000 tri makes it easy for you to stream and play your games without hiccups.
- Easy setup – you can set this router with minutes and manage it easily using an app
- Fast speed – It is powered by 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU, 512 MB of RAM and 3 WiFi co-processors.
- Excellent technical support – besides the 2-year warranty it comes with, they have 24/7 support.
- The 5GHz has a tendency of freaking out and malfunctioning
2) Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router – Runner Up
This is our Runner-up wireless router after TP-Link Archer A20 which has a speed of 2.53Gbps with 1.7 GHz dual-core processor. Because of its excellent performance and high speed, you can comfortably play your games and stream videos without shuttering.
The best about this Synology RT2600ac, especially to parents, is the ability of it blocking inappropriate content so that your children are not polluted while on the internet using its SRM’s Parental Control. These security tools, like denial-of-service protection and firewall management, are also regularly updated to help you avoid the latest internet threats.
It has a centralized multimedia hub which you can use to browse and play your multimedia content and easily stream then to your smart TV and other stereo systems in your house. You can also store and share your files easily with your friends and family members using its cloud server.
- It has a dual WAN which is an excellent load balancing and failover support
- It is easy to set up and manage its operating system
- Is easy to control the traffic using its multiple monitoring tools including adjusting power levels
- It does not come with a manual, only a quick start guide
- It sometimes loses its auto settings for getting IP from the cable modem.
3) TP-Link Archer A7 Wireless Router – Budget Pick
You cannot imagine that you can access excellent internet connection in your house with a superior performing router that goes for less than one hundred dollars. This budget-friendly wireless router, TP-Link Archer A7, affordable, reliable and far-reaching making it a great router for your home.
With its great features and performances, it gives you the best value of every dollar you used in purchasing it. It comes with three high antennas, and solid amplifiers that ensure every device in your home is connected. It is incredible that this TP-Link Archer A7 can easily connect 50+ devices with very stable WiFi.
You can keep your family safe and secure using their WPA/WPA2 parental controls and wireless connections. You can use your voice to control its functionalities using the IFTTT Alexa Voice Control.
- It has an extended coverage with very high speed in which you can connect multiple devices
- No buffering due to 1750mbps Dual band router upgrades
- Pocket-friendly prices for everyone including students
- Sometimes the configuration may take a lot of time
- Sometimes the wireless broadband collapses and fails to work
4) Google WiFi System – Router replacement for whole-home coverage
Perhaps this is one of the best sellers in the market despite being a bit expensive. Now you can have every room filled with internet signals using this remarkable device. It has advanced software which works in its background to ensure that the traffic is easily managed which will ensure that there is no buffering. It is easy to control it, using even your app and more comfortable to prioritize the devices on the internet.
With this Google WiFi wireless router, you can easily pause WiFi for your children when you don’t want them to use. It has WAN and LAN WiFi points in the device. These are for additional connection if you have other devices. A single WiFi point usually covers 1500 square feet, which makes it 4500 square feet for all the 3 points.
- Access to seamless WiFi coverage in all the rooms hence no dead zones
- You can easily control it using your phone
- It’s Network Assist technology ensures that the connection active always
- It can be confusing to know how many WiFi points you need
- It is not really the fastest since it uses AC1200 2×2 Wave 2 WiFi and no so much configurable.
5) NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi Router – Best For Gaming
This is another great wireless router for gamers. Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 uses AC2600 Dual Band WiFi, which is fast and reliable to ensure your gaming experience is maintained. It is specifically aimed at stabilizing Ping, keeps you in the game, reduces lag spikes, and provides you are connected all through.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming has a Geo-Filter which ensures that you restrict the distance of your WiFi from reaching other servers. It has a Gaming Dashboard where you can easily view real-time bandwidth for every device. Its Network Monitor usually identifies applications that can cause delays.
It has a Gaming VPN which can easily support your VPN service. It is easy to set up and manage the internet using the Nighthawk app in your android and iOS device. With its four external antennas, Multi-user MIMO which ensures that the speed is constant and is always streaming. It has a speed of 2.6 Gbps.
- It has Dual-core 1.7Ghz Processor that ensures consistent and reliable speed
- It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports which you can connect to have high-quality streaming
- NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro provides high security and privacy when you are on the internet gaming
- It is costly
- The web interface doesn’t work effectively on the phone
6) Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi System – Best For Full Home Coverage
Now you can worry less while browsing and streaming if you are using a Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi System. Besides its great features and impressive design, it gives you full protection for any online threat. It is one of the best wireless routers because of its ability to protect even your phone. If your phone is stolen, you can quickly locate, wipe all the data, and lock your device remotely. That’s really awesome.
With Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi System, you don’t have any dead zones in your home because of its comprehensive coverage of up to 5,000 square feet. Despite the vast distance, it still maintains its speed. You can easily control the daily internet time for your children. With its excellent filter feature, you set the internet time depending on the age of your family members.
For faster internet speeds, it comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports ideal for hard-wire connections. It uses Tri-Band technology, which doesn’t compromise speed.
- Easy to expand your internet coverage by adding more Orbi satellites.
- You can easily create guest networks for your guests
- It is a great home system that ensures fast, very secure and reliable internet
- It doesn’t have great software in the Orbi management app
- It is relatively expensive
7) NETGEAR Orbi Pro – Best For Office, Business Mesh WiFi System
This is a great wireless router for those in business. It has specifically designed with a business mindset where you no longer think of the cost of wires. You can also say a firm goodbye to having weak signals and multiple dead zones. With NETGEAR Orbi Pro, you can have three pre-defined networks which you divide them to cater for your administrations, employees, Guests.
It has the capacity of connecting up to 80 users within 5000 square feet. It has a customizable portal for the guests which you can keep it separate for your guests. You can place it anywhere in your office either on your table, wall or even ceiling hence very flexible.
- It is secure and easy to set up
- It has traffic separation where you can dedicate one line for the manager, employees, and customers
- Is flexible in its speed due to its MU-MIMO and Tri-Band Wi-Fi
- It’s not compatible with Orbi home satellites
- It is relatively costly
8) NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 Wireless Router – Best High-speed Router for Big Homes
This is a must-have wireless router for large homes due to its full coverage and high-speed internet. It is recommended to be used with only 45 devices so as to have very reliable streaming, gaming, surfing, and connect other home devices. Also, it can cover 2500 square feet with a Tri-band up 4600 Mbps.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 has 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports which ensure you get high-speed internet to do your surfing. Also has one 10 Gigabit SFP port. It is designed with a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor which provides high speeds. It is compatible with MU-MIMO and Alexa Voice Controls. You can control the amount of time and the sites your child watches using the smart parental controls.[table id=9 responsive=scroll responsive_breakpoint=tablet /]
- You can easily create cloud storage using its USB connections
- It is fast, safe, and secure
- You can easily filter what your child is watching
- LAN configuration settings may become weak
- Firmware velocity is a bit slow
- It is expensive
9) Asus RT-AC88U – Best Router With Tons Of Features
Meet the ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Gaming Wireless Router which uses WTFast game Accelerator to ensure that there is no buffering while gaming. It has a NitroQAM Technology which ensures that you have seamless gaming experience. This technology delivers 3167 Mbps WiFi speed, ensuring that you have low-latency online experience.
It also utilizes MU-MIMO Technology, which makes it compatible with various devices without slowing down. You can prioritize your game by using its Adaptive QoS feature. It has AiProtection that ensures your children are protected when on the internet. It uses ASUS Router App and ASUSWRT User Interface which enables you to set the router, manage the traffic, diagnose issues, and update firmware without necessarily booting your PC.
- Has a powerful dual-core processor hence high speed
- Great for gaming due to its speed
- It is safe and secure to browse
- The firmware has some hiccups
- You need to keep rebooting it
10) NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 – Best For Technology
With its cool winged-design, you will definitely want to have it in your home. It is super fast with up to 6Gbps for 4K or 8K Ultra-HD streaming. That means your gaming and movie watching will no longer be slowed down. You can have actual high-speed experience with your 30+ devices connected to this great wireless router.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 uses OFDMA technology, which ensures efficiency and manages the traffic efficiently. With its Nighthawk App installed on your phone, you can easily set up your WiFi properly for higher performance. It can easily support WAN port aggregation where you can combine gigabit Ethernet and WAN port to have high speed.
- It has higher capacity hence more devices can be used at the same time
- Also, it has some of the most modern technology like Alexa Voice control, MU-MIMO, OFDMA, and Dynamic QoS, among others.
- It has multiple wired Ethernet ports for higher speed gaming and browsing
- Sometimes the router drops the signal regularly
- It loses its connectivity
Factors You Should Consider When Purchasing a suitable Wireless Router
Now that we have listed for you the best wireless routers in the market, you need to know some factors you need to consider to make the ultimate choice of which router to buy. Here are some of the elements you need to consider:
Well, you should always go for a wireless router that is broadcasting its signals on at least dual-band. Depending on the number of signals, you will see either two or more wireless networks in your office or home if it is tri-band or quad-band. The higher the bandwidth, the higher the speed.
Of course, you have to consider the price of your router. In whichever situation, always play within your budget. Don’t spend more than you had planned for. There are routers which cost even less than a $100 like TP-Link Archer A7 which has been reviewed above.
Support for MU MIMO
The Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output is the ability of your wireless router to connect with multiple devices simultaneously. This is a must-have feature if you want to have a high-quality connection in your data transfer and surfing.
Of course, the best wireless router must have a high-speed connection. This is determined by multiple modern technologies in it. The hardware in your router plays a significant role in ensuring that you have a high speed for your gaming and streaming. Ensure the router you are planning to buy has a fast processor and a large RAM.
You will need a wireless router that has some USB ports, preferably USB 3.0. Most modern gadgets need USB to be connected like the external hard disks, USB modems, Printers, and others.
The most exceptional satisfaction you can have has a router that has an application where you can do the settings within some seconds wherever you are. Ensure the router you go for has a smartphone application.
You obviously want to upgrade your wireless router because you don’t want any more delays or buffering. That should be achieved with your router. Besides, it should be easy to maintain, set up, and use.
Advanced Features and Design
We are in a millennial generation where everyone wants something flashy. Even your wireless router should have a great design and bear some features that make it outstanding. You can consider having a modern router that has voice controls, Adaptive QoS, Dynamic Qos, Smart Connect, and Beamforming, among others.
According to Wikipedia
A router is a networking device that forwards data packets between computer networks. Routers perform the traffic directing functions on the Internet.
According to statistics, the global WiFi market size in 2017 was valued to be $8.5 billion, which is expected to double by 2025. This should tell you that people are increasingly using wireless routers across the globe in running their businesses, and to keep themselves updated. You don’t have to be left behind, join the movement by having TP-Link Archer A20.
With its unrivaled Tri-Band Performance, Archer A20 wireless router ensures that you have high-quality connections with its hyper-fast Quad-Core CPU and 512 MB RAM. It provides you are secure while on the internet. It is also easy to set up and manage, even when working with Alexa voice control and IFTTT.
You can also consider its runner up Synology RT2600ac wireless router and the budget-friendly TP-Link Archer A7. With the detailed information in this review, you will get the best wireless router in the market.
Let us know if you agree with our top 10 best wireless routers picks, and in case you think we missed a good router, you can let us know in the comment section down below.
You can also check these reviews: